Transforming Email Writing – In the realm of office tasks, writing emails often tops the list of mundane yet essential chores. It’s a part of our daily grind that’s not particularly exciting. But what if we told you that artificial intelligence (AI) could transform this chore into a breeze?
Email has been around since 1971 and has become indispensable in the office. Yet, crafting the perfect email can be time-consuming and, let’s face it, a bit boring. That’s why several companies are harnessing the power of AI to make email writing easier, more efficient, and less tedious.
Microsoft’s Marvel: “Microsoft 365 Co-pilot”
Microsoft, a tech giant known for innovation, is leading the charge. They’re all set to introduce “Microsoft 365 Co-pilot,” an AI designed to lend a helping hand to professionals. This AI tool will be integrated into Windows 11 and Microsoft 365, a suite of services that includes the Outlook email service.
The primary role of “Microsoft 365 Co-pilot” is to make email composition a breeze. It will assist users in writing emails that are “concise and error-free,” as highlighted in a blog post detailing the project. Moreover, it will suggest improvements in terms of clarity, conciseness, and inclusive language, ultimately making emails more “polished and professional.”
This innovative tool is slated to roll out to businesses on November 1. However, companies like Visa, General Motors, KPMG, and Lumen Technologies have already been testing it for several months, according to CNN Business. In March, Microsoft made headlines when they announced the integration of ChatGPT-4, the latest iteration of OpenAI’s AI technology, into their office software, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
The AI Wave: Transforming Email Writing Across the Board
But Microsoft is not alone in this AI email-writing revolution. Several other companies are harnessing the power of AI to assist employees in crafting emails, regardless of their size or purpose.
- Warmer.ai: This platform utilizes AI technology to personalize business emails in just a few clicks. Users start by determining the email’s “objective,” such as organizing a meeting, responding to a query, or driving traffic to a website. Once the objective is defined, you provide Warmer.ai with recipient information from an Excel spreadsheet, LinkedIn profile, or website. And voilà! The platform takes this input and crafts a personalized email that meets the sender’s expectations.
- Lavender.ai and Emailtree.ai: Both these AI tools optimize the impact of professional email messages. Lavender.ai scores your draft email out of 100 and provides suggestions on how to enhance it in terms of style, syntax, and length. Meanwhile, Emailtree.ai allows you to schedule your emails for delivery at the most opportune time for the recipient. No more need to log into your business mailbox on Sunday between 3 pm and 6 pm to boost the chances of your emails being opened and read.
As office professionals, we often find ourselves overwhelmed by the deluge of emails, Slack messages, and meeting invites. A Slack and One Poll survey of 8,000 employees based in the UK and the US found that on average, they spend 11 hours per week drafting emails. Other estimates even suggest that employees spend up to two to three hours every day checking and responding to their emails.
This constant connectivity and the pressure to respond in real-time can lead to reduced morale and concentration issues. The overflowing inbox might be misconstrued as a lack of organizational skills, causing additional stress and anxiety. These are issues that companies need to address, whether with AI or not.
- What The Meaning about Entertaiment?
- What the meaning about Sports?
- What The meaning About Culture?
- The Reasons Behind Genshin Impact’s Tremendous Popularity
- Rumor: Sequel to Hogwarts Legacy Already in Development
AI tools have the potential to alleviate these time-consuming tasks and help professionals make more efficient use of their time. By integrating AI into email composition, companies aim to reduce the burden on employees, ultimately leading to a more productive and balanced work environment. While AI can’t eliminate every workplace challenge, it can certainly revolutionize the way we approach email writing, streamlining the process, and making our professional lives easier.